Tuesday, 6 February 2007

I hate Spectrums

Charlie Brooker "I hate Macs"
This is an excellent piece of visciousness, which then an army of reader comment misunderstands... So under the article you can find a nerdy discussion of mac vs PC. Boring!
But his criticism of advertising is great, and this remark seems to have been lifted from my own brain...
"Ultimately the campaign's biggest flaw is that it perpetuates the notion that consumers somehow "define themselves" with the technology they choose. If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that "says something" about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality."
Bravo!

And anyway, Commodore 64s are tons better than Spectrums - they have real colour, not some weird purple monochrome... and it has a real keyboard, not some rubber pad crap. It's not even a debate; Spectrums are just SHIT.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stúlka said...

I found a contradiction in the Apple advertisements he is talking about. Everybody should agree that the guy who is doing the Pc role is much cooler y simpatico than the Mac.

discoriggall said...

Stúlka: I think that´s what C.Brooker was trying, angrily, to say:)
.. So Apple have made a stupid mistake...

Anonymous: what the hell is that? It smells of "viral marketing" to me. If I am wrong, I apologise, if I am right: piss off!

Stúlka said...

ok Riggall but I don´t get the point: he is very angry because a company he hates is doing mistakes that goes against their own interests. Or something like this.

discoriggall said...

getting angry is just "what he does"... it's a rant (?), and written to be funny more than be taken seriously: So all the reader comments on that article are a bit stupid, 'cause it's not serious anyway.

He's the guy that hates big brother, but still watches and gets angry about the stupid people on it....