Tuesday, 13 March 2007

ho ho ho ho ho

It's my first review! So, Arcade Fire: last album was quite attractive, and inbetween then and now, the indie world has hailed them as the most important thing ever, even more important than oxygen and biscuits.
So, how do you approach the weight of expectation?
"hmmm.. people think we're the most important thing ever, even more important than oxygen and biscuits.. let's record an apocalyptic, dramatic, important sounding record, with church organs and EVERYTHING!!"

Perhaps, if you do this, noone will notice, beneath all the overblown sonics, you've gone a bit crap, and lost all your charm?

I couldn't help being reminded of Bruce Springsteen, which is quite disturbing, I assure you... and am writing this "review" purely because I was amused to read this one. That headline's gotta hurt the fans, yes? I love it!!
Personally, I thought sounding like U2 and Brucey Spingsteen was the LAST thing you'd want to do, but I'm obviously not with the zeitgeist. And what with the zeitgeist being crap and obviously broken, I'm quite glad.

No comments: