Tuesday, 17 July 2007

Olds

...it's just I'm a bit bored of everything.
New Prime minister.. well, we've had a new prime minister before. Maybe I'll get excited when something actually happens. In the mean time I am actively not caring about reams of media speculation. yawn.

That Bush dude wants "to resolve all the outstanding issues in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict"... Well, I want a flying car, but not only is it unlikely; I am the wrong person to make it happen. And anyway, haven't we heard this before? Cease-fire, peace, bomb, more bombs more bombs more bombs, international conference, peace deal, cease fire, bomb, more bombs more bombs more bombs. Will they ever learn? History says no. Yawn.

OOh, what might interest me, if I was bothered, is "Japan investigates 'nuclear leak' after quake". Because the Nuclear Industry will tell you that new reactors are totally safe, not like the old days blah blah blah.... but, the idea "accidents won't ever happen again", is stupid, and we should ignore the stupid nuclear industry.. Or like the Hume said about something entirely different: "commit them to flame".

Oil price rises, boring.. Russia-UK stand off, boring... Has climate change been solved since Live Earth? Or was it a massive waste of energy?

Apparently "inequality in the UK is the worst for 40 years". Really? What shall we do about it? I think we should complain about it, then watch TV, go shopping and do nothing. Oh, sorry I mean that's what we will do.

Aaaaand finally, "Pagans have promised to conjure some 'rain magic' to erase a figure of Homer Simpson which has been painted next to the Cerne Abbas giant in Dorset." Well, pagans are stupid then. "Rain magic". Jesus.

No comments: