Friday, 29 February 2008

smoke more

"Think you've left it too late to book that Easter ski trip?", asks the Guardian's Chris Madigan.
Easter Ski trip! Oh Christ, noooooooo! I FORGOT! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? What will the neighbours think?

Poke out my eyes, and chop off my hands for I have sinned and forgotten to book my easter skiing trip.

Still, at least I'm not POINTLESSLY BURNING THE PLANET TO DEATH.

Ok, people deserve holidays, and it's not totally evil to fly, I admit. But there's "I deserve a holiday", and "I deserve a fourth holiday." George Monbiot wrote, in his book "Heat", about "love miles" - the need to travel to see loved ones, and I think that's acceptable too. But everything in moderation. Skiing seems to be an "extra" holiday for most people, except Austrians (etc etc).

No comments: