Wednesday, 19 March 2008

sucker

Apparently Barack Obama gave a speech addressing race today in America, and apparently it was very important and timely. Apparently I watched most of it, but I can't maintain concentration on him for more than half a sentence for some reason, I just drift off.
The same thing happens if I hear Kennedy speeches, or Martin Luther King. It's as if the tempo of worthy speech is a sedative.
Anyway, I ....... didn't come here today (applause)... to c...... riticise... worthy speech makers.








......Whatever their creed.












(applause)










America.








(applause)









I came here today









(reconvene in 6 months)








...to point out how Mr Obama,












... laudable as it was,















































.......gave an honest and unflinching dissection...
































of race in America today.



It would be a lovely change if a politician was successful due to his/her honesty and unflinching dissections. I have never experienced that in my life, and I'm not convinced that "the people" like hearing the truth from politicians. I hope I'm wrong, and that in the future, worthy speeches can have more gusto and less pausing for effect.

No comments: