Tuesday, 15 April 2008

billy idol

there's more god vs darwin noise aboot, relating to an intelligent design documentary hosted by the boring teacher from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Anyone, anyone?
I'm gonna watch it, for a laugh, once it's finished downloading in an illegal stylee.
Anyway, there's a lot of blah blah blah back and forth, but the only question ID people seem to reasonably ask is "why are there no answers to "why did the big bang happen/why did life happen."
I think that's a reasonable thing to ask, and luckily for them, I know the answer!
Why? No reason. Why should there be a reason? It's only because the question "why?" has got us so far that we think there's always an answer to it, but there really isn't. Things just happen, and I'm sorry if that makes everything seem a little pointless, but it shouldn't do, one just has to accept that life is only important on a human scale - which is quite important enough. On a cosmic scale we are so tiny and short-lived we are barely worth a mention. I suppose I'm saying we have to get over ourselves on this one. And get on and be nice to each other too. (not including Bono)

In 20 (estimated) mins I get to see the documentary, anyway, and maybe I'll be converted, who knows? Update to follow :)

No comments: