Wednesday, 10 September 2008

public git repositories, an appeal



This is real (www.github.com), though cursory glances around the site reveal it not to be about gits at all, which is disappointing.
Has the word "git" become so unfashionable, noone remembers what it means anymore? Look at the bottom of my page, you'll see the phrase "gitsurfing". Does noone realise what that means today?

Still, "public git repositories" is one of the best phrases I've heard for ages. Here's a preliminary list of such repositories:

Eton,
X-Factor,
Big Brother,
The Daily Mail offices,
Manchester United (actually an overpaid git repository),
The London Stock Exchange,
The British Homeopathic Association,

I'll leave it there for now, but I welcome contributions. My aim, one day, is to have the most comprehensive directory of public git repositories on the web.

No comments: